The skin around the eye area is different from other facial skin and needs products formulated to its specific needs. The skin is more delicate and susceptible to puffiness and broken capillaries, resulting in dark under-eye circles and early fine line development. Some ingredients are effective at addressing these concerns.
- Avoid rubbing the eye area as the delicate skin is more susceptible to damage. Dab product on rather than rubbing it in.
- Ensure that any moisturising product you apply has been formulated for the eye area. Eye area skin absorbs product very effectively and strong preservatives and other harmful ingredients can cause damage.
- Use a specially formulated eye cleanser to remove make-up or to cleanse the eye area.
- Take a good quality omega supplement.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in niacin (Vitamin B3) — sweet potatoes, butternut squash, okra, corn, peas, parsnip, winter squash and pumpkins are all good sources.